Regular Show w. Bola O: The Georgetown Experience

Yesterday had to have been one of the most fabulous days, I had to blog about it! There aren't many people in my life that are as adventurous and enterprising as myself. However, I discovered my weakness for my Neophyte of my fraternity, Bola Olusanya. I could ask this girl to travel with me to the end of the universe and she would already have a bag packed. Long story short: she's a rider and I adore it! We originally had plans to attend the Women In Business Conference at George Washington University, but you know how that goes...(ticket prices go up, broke college girls, etc.). So instead, we decide to venture off in Georgetown! I hope you enjoy.

Stop No. 1: Jack Wills
The culture of this store is so Great Britain! The luxurious bags, the chinos in variety of colors, the spring dresses, and pea coats! I felt like we traveled to Europe for a split second. Even the coworkers of the store reminded me of Great Britain with their sultry, British accents.







         *CAUTION: IT MIGHT TAKE YOUR BRAIN AWHILE TO GET THE CONNECTION*



Stop No. 2: Design Within Reach
Interior design. One of the things that I look forward to shopping for when I graduate and look for my own apartment. The customer service was extremely welcoming! They made me feel comfortable rather than a broke student just window shopping. They gave Bola and I a brochure and bottled water. :)

      *I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS CHAIR ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS. IT WAS SITTING LONELY IN A MASTER BEDROOM IN PARIS. THE ENTIRE DECOR WAS IVORY; LIKE AN ARTIST THAT TOSSED RED PAINT ONTO A WHITE CANVAS. THE IRONY THAT I RAN INTO THIS CHAIR*

Stop No. 3: Buffalo Exchange
My new found love! There are so many articles that I found in this store and I was heartbroken when we left! A boutique that sells vintage clothing along with trendy clothes of today's fashion. The boutique prices are extremely affordable and I wanted it all!

The boutique is organized by sections: Sweaters, Skirts, Dresses, Tees, Shorts, Sales, Shoes, HandBags and Jewelry; making our first time shopping experience that much more enjoyable. I originally had six items when I went to the dressing room, but, the way my bank account is set up: I only bought two things:
Pleated Elastic Skirt with Bow Ties: 8$
Galactic Wolf Flowy Skirt: 14.50$


This segment of the show is called Me, Bola, and The 50$ Ferragamo. You see while we were shopping in the Shoes Section of the boutique, we were nearly ecstatic at the affordable prices of the shoes. It was like a cheaper version of Nordstrom Rack. While browsing, Bola finds herself continuing her search up the rack to find this glorious shoe. I asked her the price and she tells me 50$ (yikes, how did that happen?). Apparently, she was already excited about it and I had no idea why...until I found out that this 50$ shoe was by Salvatore Ferragamo! I had a mini breakdown in the store over this shoe and begin to search for more. During my search, I found patent leather Ferragamo's for 75$ and small taupe oxfords by Ferragamo for 45$. If you're wondering, if either of us own this shoe to date...the answer is no. It was too narrow for the both of us.

Stop No. 4: Gant
The apparel reminded me of what affluent individuals wear to a Country Club event. Blazers, Cardigans, Ties, Sweaters, the works! The material on all of these articles was beautifully crafted and stitched to perfection. We decided to stop in because in fine print at the bottom of this window it read: Gant For Women. So we proceeded. Unfortunately, the selection of women was slim.



Stop No. 5: Allsaints Spitafields
Officially my favorite place in the world! Of course my two favorite stores are Topshop and American Apparel. Not only because of their merchandise but because it's affordable. HOWEVER, if I had a well paying job, I think it would definitely be Allsaints. This store is everything an obsessive fashion fanatic could ask for. All of the clothing is 100%. Perfect. This is the place that would lead me to my long search for my graduation dress.




I hope you enjoyed Regular Show w. Bola O: The Georgetown Experience. Below you will find photographs of Bola, myself and our outfit for the day.







2 comments:

  1. Allsaints and Buffalo Exchange are my faves! Georgetown gave me all the life that I needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. You're such a sweetheart. Following you now :)

    xoxo Gozika

    ReplyDelete