LFW - Day 4 - Michael van der Ham


Fighting my way through Oxford Street to the Underground tube across the bridge, I made it to my first show of London Fashion Week at Tate Modern in SE London. (10 minutes walking distance from the St. Paul's Cathedral).

The show was at 17:00 UK time. The minute the first model came out, my adrenaline started running as if I were in the show myself!

The show I was able to make showcased clothing by Central St. Martins graduate, Michael van der Ham. He received an MA in fashion and interned with infamous designers such as Alexander McQueen. (Love!!) The designer is originally from the Netherlands.

His collection is extremely bold in color for an Autumn/Winter collection. Colors ranged from bright oranges to a variety shade of blues (Navy, Cobalt & Powder Blue). His apparel was accompanied by pastel colored nylon tights (Mustard, Burnt Orange, Black, Light Grey, & Baby Blues) and all models wore Red Bottomed platforms.


The main fabrics used in the designer's collection were chiffon and nylon. 

As my first show to view in London Fashion Week, I have to say I'm quite pleased. Below you will find a filmed flood of the designer's collections. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment